Aerating your lawn on a regular basis will allow it to ‘breathe’ which in turn will keep it looking its best. Aeration is the process of pushing holes into the lawn which allows:
- the lawn root system to deeper penetrate the soil
- air to penetrate the soil and lawn roots
- water to better soak into the soil and root system
- fertilisers and nutrients to reach the root system
- breaking up of thatch
- breaking up of tight compacted soil
The lawn aerator attachment is a 1.2 meter wide drum with 100mm spikes welded around its circumference. The drum is filled with water to increase downward pressure.